Being New York City’s finest pest control company, we offer the best and most effective NYC bed bug treatment programs available to all residents of New York City. Our exterminating services to both residential and commercial properties truly works and our stellar reputation speaks for itself. It holds true that bed bug infestations have grown to be a huge problem and a major health concern, not only in NYC but all large metropolitan throughout the United States. We have the experience and equipment to handle and solve any extermination issues related to bed bugs and other pests.
So, What are Bed Bugs?
When our exterminating experts arrive to assess your property, they are generally looking for an adult bed bug, which is believed to be around 1/4 of an inch in length. Adult bed bugs tend to appear in an oval shape, but are usually flattened from top to bottom. They can also be difficult to identify, thanks to their colors which range from white to light tan. Some bed bugs however, have a burnt orange and/or deep brown type of color.
The host’s blood may sometimes look like a very dark red within the bug’s body. As for the hatching bed bugs, their size is akin to that of a poppy seed. These pests are also wingless insects and bed bugs love to feed solely on the blood of warm-blooded animals.
Before you start finding the best solution, it is important to first determine the location of the bed bugs. It is hard to tell when these icky creatures arrive, as they are capable of making themselves invisible until the right opportunity arrives. But do not worry and fret any more – we can certainly help you fight this nuisance in your home.
Bed bugs often infest your property in many ways, such as the following:
- If you have guests over who already have bed bugs at home, allowing these creatures to hitch a ride to your property.
- Buying second-hand furniture (e.g. chairs, mattresses, sofas, etc.) where bed bugs remain hidden in cracks and creases.
- Old stuff kept in the attic and/or garage.
- Using clothes and linens that came from a home infested with bed bugs, as well as bags and luggage.
It is really hard to tell if your home is infested with bed bugs until you are bitten or if you manage to capture one. Interestingly enough, there are ways to tell if your home or business is infested with these insects. Please take note of the bed bug signs listed below:
- After sleeping at night and waking up in the morning, you find small bite marks on your back, arms, and legs. More often than not, body areas that tend to get in touch with mattresses are usually bitten up most. These bite marks, however, can appear like small welts but are grouped together. Moreover, they are both itchy and red in color.
- Blood stains can be found on your pillowcases and/or mattress covers. Since bed bugs love to thrive in blood, it is possible that you bleed after being bitten. It is only right to find blood stains in places where you sleep.
- Bed bug excrements are basically those dark spots located along your bed posts, chairs, mattresses, and sofa to name a few. Apart from bites and blood marks, these are considered signs telling you that these creatures have already infested your home.
- Your mattress and pillow start to be smelly or contain a musty odor. This is due to bed bugs resting and thriving on these objects. It is important to remember that bed bugs can be found in an area or room of your home at any given time. There are no set rules in terms of location or even time of year. Bed Bugs are a nuisance all year round in New York City.
- Once you catch a live bed bug, it is clear that there is an infestation. And once you do, you should begin to call for professional help right away. It is difficult to do things on your own, so make sure you let us do the heavy lifting when it comes to your bed bug problem.
We have a plethora of bed bug removal cases to our name, all of which have led us to so many happy and extremely satisfied clients. We have the tools and skills needed to get the job done. Do not let these creatures ruin the comfort of your home and let us do the heavy task of eliminating these household pests. It is about time you call us today for a no cost, no obligation over the phone estimate!